01 of 05
It's hard to resist the sweet taste of chocolate and while we often enjoy it in food, it is also great in drinks. In the following pages we will explore a variety of drink recipes that feature chocolate in one form or another. They are delicious, tempting, and may just be too much fun.
Fun Fact: There's a classic drink called the Chocolate Cocktail contains no chocolate. Instead, it's an equal pour of maraschino, blackberry, and Yellow Chartreuse liqueurs shaken with an egg yolk.
This first group of drinks are the ultimate in chocolate cocktails. It includes creamy chocolate martinis and bold combinations that pair chocolate with some very interesting flavors.
For the drinks in this first list, you will need chocolate in a liquid form and that may be hot chocolate, chocolate syrup, or melted chocolate.Continue to 2 of 5 below.
02 of 05
Chocolate Liqueur Cocktails
There are a number of chocolate-flavored distilled spirits available, though sweet, creamy liqueurs are the most popular and often used.
The following collection of recipes feature drinks that use creme de cacao and various other chocolate liqueurs. Many have been favorites for chocolate-loving drinkers for years and others are new creations that are just as fun to explore.
Continue to 3 of 5 below.
- Angel's Tit - white creme de cacao
- Banana Split Martini - creme de cacao
- Banshee - white creme de cacao
- Barbary Coast -... creme de cacao
- Berried Treasure - white creme de cacao
- Berry White - creme de cacao
- Brandy Alexander - creme de cacao
- Bushwacker - creme de cacao
- Cafe Brasileiro - liqueur
- Candy Cane - white creme de cacao
- Chocolate & Orange Martini - white creme de cacao
- Chocolate Margarita - liqueur and bitters
- Commodore No. 2 - creme de cacao
- Cupid's Arrow - liqueur
- Dark 'n Fluffy - liqueur
- Dorda Cafe - liqueur
- Dulce de Leche - liqueur
- Easter Egg - white creme de cacao
- Espresso Martini - white creme de cacao
- Friar Tuck - creme de cacao
- Frostbite - white creme de cacao
- Golden Cadillac - white creme de cacao
- Grasshopper - white creme de cacao
- Holiday Hopper - white creme de cacao
- Hot Peppermint Patty - creme de cacao
- Irish Ice - Bailey's Irish Cream with Mint Chocolate
- Liquid Bourbon Ball - white creme de cacao
- Love Potion #9 - white creme de cacao
- Mochatini - liqueur
- Peppermint Patty - creme de cacao
- Pink Elephant - liqueur
- Pink Squirrel - white creme de cacao
- Plantation Fever - Mozart Dry Chocolate Spirit
- Roasted Mellow (shooter) - liqueur
- Silk Stocking - creme de cacao
- Snickertini - liqueur
- Snowball (shooter) - white creme de cacao
- Strawberry Kiss - liqueur
- Twentieth Century - white creme de cacao
- Wedding Cake - white creme de cacao
- White Chocolatini - white chocolate liqueur
- White Christmas - white chocolate liqueur
03 of 05
Chocolate-Infused Liquor Cocktails
While not as numerous as the chocolate liqueur cocktails, these recipes are just as fun and can open your world to the fun of cocoa-infused distilled spirits.
Vodka is the most popular base for chocolate infusions, though lately, we have seen cocoa appear in tequilas and whiskies. I suspect that this list will continue to grow in the coming years. There are a number of commercial brands that have ventured into the sweet flavor of chocolate and you will find those recommendations within the... recipes.
The other option that you have is to experiment with a DIY infusion. Chocolate is just as easy as any other infusion, you simply need to play with it and begin with the right ingredients. The Cocoa Old-fashioned linked below has more information.Continue to 4 of 5 below.
04 of 05
Chocolate Distilled Spirits
The list of cocktail ingredients and liquors is always changing but a few of these chocolate spirits are staples.
Creme de cacao is an essential to stock in the bar, as is Irish cream (but that is very light on the chocolate). Premium liqueurs like Godiva are excellent to have around, and the infused vodkas, tequila, and bitters are fun to play with as well.
Continue to 5 of 5 below.
- Crème de Cacao (White or Brown)
- Dorda Double Chocolate Liqueur
- Fee Brothers Aztec Chocolate Bitters
- Godiva Chocolate Liqueur (White or Dark)
- Iri...sh Cream Liqueur
- New Deal Mud Puddle Chocolate Spirit (website)
- Patron XO Cafe Dark Cocoa (website)
- Tanteo Chocolate Tequila
- Three Olives Chocolate Vodka
- Van Gogh Dutch Chocolate Vodka
05 of 05
Cocktails with Just a Touch of Chocolate
This group of cocktails includes those that bring chocolate into a drink very subtly. They also show the power that chocolate has as a stunning garnish and this can range from a sprinkling of grated chocolate, a powered chocolate rim, chocolate-dipped fruit, and using chocolate as a glass decoration.