- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces unsalted butter (2 sticks), softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cups finely chopped walnuts or pecans, optional
- Sift together the flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- On low speed, beat in flour mixture a little at a time, until well blended and smooth. Stir in chopped walnuts.
- Drop chocolate cookie dough onto greased baking sheets by rounded tablespoons, about 2 inches apart. Bake at 350° for 12 to 15 minutes, or until set. If desired, sprinkle with a little granulated sugar while they're hot.
- Cool on pans on rack for about 5 minutes; transfer chocolate cookies to rack to cool completely.
- Makes about 4 to 5 dozen chocolate cookies.
More Chocolate Cookies
Chocolate Mint Cookies
Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
Chocolate Crinkles Cookies
Chocolate Cut Out Cookies
Chocolate Shortbread Cookies
Chocolate Crunch Cookies
Chocolate Covered Cherry Cookies
Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
Easy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies
Cookie Recipes Index