My friends call this Chocolate Graham Toffee Bark chocolate "crack" because it is so addictive! These delicious toffee confections start with plain graham crackers that are topped with chocolate and macadamia nuts. You can swap those for any kind of nuts you prefer.
They make a fabulous fast-and-easy gift from the kitchen for any occasion. For a variation, use a combination of graham crackers and butter crackers, and substitute dark chocolate and honey-roasted peanuts for extra decadence.
This recipe makes about one pound candy bark pieces. The beauty is that you can make these quickly at the last minute to take to a holiday celebration or to give as a gift in an appropriately decorated and wrapped box. Set aside a half hour to make these delights.
- 1/2 box (about) plain graham crackers (not crumbs)
- 8 ounces (two sticks) butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts (or substitute pecans, walnuts, peanuts, or your favorite nuts)
- Heat the oven to 350 F. Line a 15x10-inch jellyroll pan with nonstick foil.
- Arrange whole graham crackers to fit the bottom of the pan in a single layer, breaking up the last few to fit the space.
- Melt 8 ounces of butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add 1/4 cup brown sugar and 1/4 cup white sugar. Stir to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat and let the mixture gently bubble for 4 minutes. Remove it from the heat.
- Carefully pour the sugar/butter mixture evenly over the graham cracker layer. Spread to cover the cracker layer. Bake for 10 minutes.
- When done, remove the pan from oven and let it rest until the bubbling subsides.
- Sprinkle 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips evenly over the top. Wait about 2 minutes for chocolate to melt, then use a spatula to gently spread chocolate chips into an even layer on top of the toffee graham crackers.
- Sprinkle with the chopped macadamia nuts, pressing them down gently into the chocolate.
- Cool to room temperature, then refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Peel the foil from the chilled bark. Crack the bark into 2-inch irregular pieces.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.
Note: For a variation, use a combination of graham crackers and butter crackers, and substitute the semisweet chocolate and macadamia nuts with dark chocolate and honey-roasted peanuts for extra decadence.
More Recipes Made with Sweet and Savory Crackers
Real Toffee Recipes
- How to Make Classic Toffee
- English Toffee Recipe