This chocolate pound cake is baked in a tube pan. It's an excellent cake for a special occasion. Add a chocolate glaze or leave it plain and dust with powdered sugar.
This cake recipe is very popular, and I've received many comments and positive feedback over the years. One person used egg beaters, skim milk, and light margarine and she said it didn't affect the cake at all. Another person said it was exactly like a recipe her grandmother used 75 years ago.
If you take it to a party, take a few copies of the recipe!
- Heat the oven to 325° F. Grease and flour a 10-inch tube cake pan.
- Cream butter and shortening; add sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition; beat in vanilla.
- Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl then add alternately with milk to creamed mixture.
- Spread the batter in the prepared tube cake pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 70 to 80 minutes, or until the cake bounces back when touched lightly in the center with finger. Don't open the oven door until the minimum time of 70 minutes.
- Place the cake (right side up) on a rack to cool for 10 minutes. Remove the cake from the can to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
You Might Also Like