This delicious chocolate sour cream frosting is made with melted chocolate chips, butter, and sour cream.
Use the frosting to top a cake, cupcakes, or Bundt cake. The tang of the sour cream is a wonderful juxtaposition to this sweet frosting.
This chocolate sour cream frosting is a similar recipe. It's made with cocoa instead of chocolate chips.
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 to 2 3/4 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- In a stainless steel bowl or pan over hot simmering water, melt the chocolate chips with the butter.
- Remove the pan or bowl from the lower pan and stir in sour cream, vanilla, and salt.
- Slowly beat in confectioners' sugar until desired spreading consistency is reached.
- Makes enough chocolate sour cream frosting for a tube or bundt cake or 2-layer cake.
You Might Also Like