This chocolate strawberry smoothie recipe is refreshing and healthy. If you have a blender with an ice-crusher feature, you can make these smoothies in there. Otherwise, you may want to use a food processor, since the frozen strawberries can be tough to crush. Or consider investing in a Vita Mix blender (compare prices.
Serve these smoothies for breakfast, a snack or dessert. Starbucks watch out: these smoothies taste just like a Frappuccino!
- 2 cups frozen sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup non-fat milk
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup non-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- Place frozen strawberries in the blender or food processor first.
- Add milk and juice. Top with remaining ingredients.
- Puree until smooth, stopping to push fruit down into the blades of the blender, if necessary.