When choosing a new chandelier, numbers play an important role. Use the numbers here to help you decide what size chandelier is right for your room.
- If the room is smaller than 10' by 10', a 17" to 20" diameter chandelier would be the right size.
- If the room is about 12' x 12', a 26" or 27" chandelier would look right.
- If the room is about 14' x 14', choose a 24" to 36" chandelier.
- A chandelier should hang about 30" from the surface of the table to insure no bumped heads and good illumination.
- A chandelier should be about 12" narrower than the width of the table over which it hangs.
- Total wattage of all bulbs should be 200 watts to 400 watts to provide sufficient light.
Read more Quick Tips in our Directory of Quick Tips.