These no-bake chow mein noodle bird's nest cookies are so simple to make, the kids can get involved.
Besides being easy, they're simply adorable. If you are making these chow mein noodle cookies for Easter, you also can use jelly beans in place of the peanuts or in addition to for a more festive cookie.
This recipe variation uses butterscotch chips in place of the semisweet chocolate chips.
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups chow mein noodles
- 10 peanuts or jelly beans
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper.
- Place chocolate chips and peanut butter in a microwave-safe container. Heat on 50% power for 1 minute. Stir and repeat, until chocolate chips are melted.
- Stir in chow mein noodles until fully coated.
- Drop by tablespoonsful onto prepared baking sheet, forming a nest shape with your fingers.
- Place a few peanuts or jelly beans in the center of each nest for eggs.
- Refrigerate until firm. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator especially in hot humid weather.
More Chow Mein Noodle Treats
- Haystacks Candy Recipe: This recipe comes together quickly in the microwave. Smooth or chunky peanut butter along with chow mein noodles and butterscotch chips are used to create a treat the whole family will love.
- Chocolate Spiders Recipe: Semisweet and milk chocolate chips are combined with chow mein noodles and chopped peanuts to make a spooky treat for Halloween or any time of year.