Not only is this recipe for Birds Nests simple to make, but it's the perfect treat to make to hold jelly beans on your Easter table.
Step by Step Photo Instructions
- 2 cups butterscotch chips
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups chow mein noodles
- Garnish: jelly beans or other colorful Easter candy resembling eggs
- Optional: doughnut holes for one large nest
- Cover a baking sheet or pan with waxed or parchment paper.
- Either melt the butterscotch chips and peanut butter in the top of a double boiler or in the microwave (heat 1 minute, stir, continue heating in 10-second increments until melted and smooth.)
- Stir in chow mein noodles.
- With buttered fingers shape mixture into one big nest or individual ones.
- Place on prepared pan. Refrigerate until firm.
- Fill with jelly beans or other candy.