These Christmas rice crispy treats look impressive, but they are super simple to make. Just form the rice crispy treats into triangles, then insert a candy cane to make the Christmas tree trunk, and decorate! Kids really enjoy making these holiday rice crispy treats, and, unlike cookies, these rice crispy treats don't have to be rolled, baked or cooled very long before the kids can eat them!
Don't Miss: Fun Christmas Recipes for Kids
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 10 ounces marshmallows or 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
- Red and green gel icing, M&Ms, colored sugar and candy canes for decorating
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper or parchment paper.
- Melt the butter and the marshmallows in a large saucepan over medium heat, stirring frequently, until the marshmallows melt completely. Immediately stir in the crispy rice cereal. Spread the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet, so that the rice crispy treats are about 1/2- to 3/4-inch thick.
- Spray a sharp knife generously with cooking spray. Use it to cut the rice crispy treats into large triangles.
- Break or cut the candy canes into 3-inch pieces. Insert a candy cane into the bottom of each rice crispy treat triangle to form the trunk for the Christmas trees.
- Let the rice crispy treats cool completely before decorating with icing, candies and/or colored sugar.
Don't Miss: Rice Crispy Treats Recipes of All Kinds