These online and printable word search games are an excellent way for kids to practice their spelling and learn new Christmas vocabulary. Though most of these puzzles are fairly easy, some of them can be quite daunting.
Christmas Word Search Puzzles to Print
For classroom solving, we have a variety of free printable Christmas word search puzzles listed by difficulty level from very easy to challenging.
Several of these puzzles are in Adobe PDF format. If you need to download and install the free Adobe Acrobat reader, click here.
- Christmas Word Search Puzzles - Four hidden word puzzles celebrating Christmas; a very easy 6-word Santa word search, a 10-word reindeer word search, a 15-word Nativity word search and a 20-word challenging Christmas word search. Each is available in either black and white or color.
- Easy Christmas Word Search - An easy, 9-word puzzle with cute artwork and a small grid.
- Reindeer Word Search - The names of Santa's reindeer appear somewhere in this medium-sized grid.
- Twelve Days of Christmas - In this easy word search game, you need to find the twelve gifts that were given in the popular Christmas carol.
- Christmas Word Search - Twelve words related to celebrating Christmas can be found in this game of medium difficulty.
- Nativity Word Search - This print-friendly word game of medium difficulty features 10 words relating to the Nativity.
- Christmas Day Word Search - In this easy word seek game, 15 Christmas words are hidden in a small grid.
- The Grinch Who Stole Christmas Word Search - This word game of medium difficulty features 16 words relating to the beloved Dr. Seuss tale.
- Printable Christmas Word Search Puzzle - This word search printout features 20-holiday words in a medium-sized grid.
- Christmas Decorations - The 20 words hidden in this word search game all have to do with tree ornaments and other Christmas decorations.
- Santa Claus around the World - The challenge in this 30-word game is to find the different names for Santa as he is known in various countries and languages.
- Christmas Middies Word Search - 31 Christmas-themed words are hidden in the puzzle. Solution provided.
- Christmas Deluxe Word Search - This fairly challenging word game features 31 Christmas words hidden in a large grid. Solution provided.
Christmas Crossword Puzzles to Print
These easy to challenging crossword games are a great way for children and second language learners to learn new words and practice their Christmas vocabulary in an enjoyable manner. Several of these crossword games are in Adobe PDF format. If you need to download and install the free Adobe Acrobat reader, click here.
- Christmas Crosswords - DLTK for Kids offers an easy Christmas crossword for young solvers. The picture version of the crossword is intended for preschoolers and children who are new to spelling. Older children can use the verbal clues to solve the puzzle. Available in black and white or color.
- Christmas Crossword Puzzle - This 10-word crossword puzzle features a free-form grid in the shape of a Christmas tree.
- Christmas Day Crossword - 14 Christmas-related words are featured in this freeform crossword puzzle. Solution provided.
- Christmas Middies Crossword - This crossword puzzle of medium difficulty has 20 themed entries. Solution provided.
- Christmas Deluxe Crossword - 30 words related to Christmas legends, the Nativity, and literature can be found in this challenging crossword game. Solution provided.
Free Christmas Crossword Puzzles to Play Online
The Christmas Story Crossword Puzzle
An interactive criss-cross puzzle with a religious theme.
Free Christmas Jigsaw Puzzles Online
Are you looking for free Christmas jigsaw puzzles for kids to play online? Or, perhaps you need printable jigsaw games for a fun classroom activity? Here's where to look to find easy jigsaw games with a holiday theme.
Jigsaw Planet has a large number of jigsaw puzzles featuring Santa, snow, the Nativity and other merry holiday scenes.
The easiest ones, with 100 pieces or less, can be found below. See the section on Christmas Jigsaw Puzzles for more challenging jigsaw puzzle games.
I much prefer the three-dimensional puzzle pieces of these puzzles to the two-dimensional games found at most other free jigsaw puzzle sites. Anyone can make their own jigsaw puzzle to share with family and friends. For easy instructions on how to do this, see our tutorial on How to Make Your Own Jigsaw Planet Jigsaw Puzzles.
Here are some of my favorite Christmas jigsaw games for children. These puzzles will open in a new browser window or tab. When the new window has opened and you want more space for solving, look just above the puzzle window and click "Turn off this Top Frame" for a larger work area. When done, close the window to return to this page. Happy puzzling!
- Santa and Friends (12 pcs)
- Sledding (30pcs)
- Snowman (35 pcs)
- Santa's Sleigh (35 pcs)
- Snowy Cabin (40 pcs)
- Kitty Santa (42 pcs)
- Santa's Sleigh(70 pcs)
- Winter Cabin (80 pcs)
- Santa (99 pcs)
- Santa's Sleigh(99 pcs)
- Christmas Eve (99 pcs)
Christmas Carolers Jigsaw Puzzle
Here's a fun puzzle if you don't mind the sound effects. The puzzle comes in three difficulty levels and, when solved, plays an animation. For children at the primary level.
Christmas Jigsaw Puzzles
Ten easy jigsaw puzzles are featured here. Most of them use the Jigzone interface.
Printable Christmas Jigsaw Puzzles
Here's a fun holiday activity for the classroom. Print out these free ready-made Christmas jigsaw games or use this jigsaw puzzle template as a guide to creating your own personalized jigsaw puzzles.
Christmas Jigsaw Puzzles
DLTK Holidays offers several four and eleven-piece jigsaw puzzles with holiday themes to print and cut out. These printable jigsaw puzzles are available in B&W or color and feature themes such as Christmas trees, bells, reindeer, angels and the Nativity.
Christmas Jigsaw Puzzles
From Activity Village, fifteen print-friendly jigsaw puzzles with cute designs are featured here. Various cutting guides are also available.