- 1 pork loin roast, bone in, about 4 to 5 pounds
- Salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 medium cabbage
- 1/2 cup apple cider or juice
- 1 tablespoon honey or brown sugar
- 1 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf thyme
- 2 pounds fingerling potatoes or red potatoes cut in 1 1/2-inch chunks
Melt butter in a large braising pan or Dutch oven over medium heat. Brown onions lightly then brown the pork roast on all sides. Add the chopped garlic. Remove outer leaves from the cabbage then cut into 6 to 8 wedges. Arrange cabbage around the pork roast.
Heat oven to 325°.
In a cup, combine the apple juice, honey, and vinegar; stir in the dried leaf thyme. Pour over the pork and cabbage. Cover the pan and transfer to the oven.
Bake for 2 hours. Scrub the fingerling potatoes and add them to the pork and cabbage. Cover and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour longer. Pork should register about 160° on an instant read thermometer.
You Might Also LikeRoast Pork Rib Roast With Fingerling Potatoes
Honey Glazed Pork Loin Roast
Slow Cooked Pork Loin With Stuffing
Pork Loin Roast With Brown Sugar Glaze
Roast Pork With Orange Glaze
Pork Loin Rib Roast
Herb-Crusted Pork Loin With Potatoes