This simple apple crunch recipe is an easy dessert to prepare, and your family will love it.
Feel free to reduce the sugar a bit or use packed light brown sugar. Chopped pecans or walnuts would be a nice addition to the crunch topping as well.
Fantastic Apple Desserts
- 4 apples (about 4 cups diced or sliced)
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- Heat the oven to 350° F. Butter a 2-quart baking dish.
- Peel and core the apples and then slice into thin wedges. Alternatively, you may dice the apple.
- Place the prepared apples in the prepared 2-quart baking dish. Add water.
- Combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Cut in butter with your fingers or a pastry blender or fork until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle the crumb mixture over the apples.
- Bake the apple crunch in the preheated oven for 35 to 45 minutes, or until the apples are tender and the topping is browned.
- Serve apple crunch warm with ice cream, if desired.
Tips and Variations
- Replace the granulated sugar with packed light or dark brown sugar.
- Reduce the sugar to about 3/4 cup, if desired.