This chicken is marinated with honey and cinnamon to give it a sweet flavor. When combined with the curry powder and put on the grill you get a wonderful southeast Asian chicken flavor. Try this on chicken pieces, or you can reduce the fat by grilling skinless, boneless chicken breasts. One word of advice, watch this one close while grilling, it can burn because of the honey in the marinade so keep the temperature low.
- Combine dry sherry, honey, cinnamon, curry powder and garlic salt in a bowl and mix.
- Place chicken in a shallow baking dish and coat evenly with marinade.
- Place in refrigerator and let sit for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat grill.
- Remove Chicken from marinade and place chicken pieces on grill over medium fire and grill for about 10 to 12 minutes per side.
- Because of the honey in the marinade for this recipe, you will need to keep a close eye on the chicken while it is grilling to be sure it doesn't burn.
- Remove chicken from grill once it reaches an internal temperature of 165 F. Serve with your favorite side dishes.