Flavored with cinnamon and pecans, these scones are not only delicious, but also fast and easy to make. They are whipped up in a snap like a quick , then dropped onto baking sheets with an ice-cream scoop, so no messy hands. So simple, you can have them ready in just about half an hour. Upscale, but not fussy, these scones are perfect for , brunch, or just a quick . Try these scones as a kids' cooking project.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1-1/2 cups chopped , toasted
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon extract
- Parchment paper
- 2 Tablespoons whipping cream or half-and-half
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar or cinnamon sugar
Preheat oven to 425 F. Stir together first flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl. Cut in butter with a pastry blender until crumbly. Stir in pecans.
Whisk together egg, 1 cup cream, and vanilla; add to dry ingredients, stirring with a fork just until mixture forms a shaggy dough. Scoop dough onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets using a 1/3-cup measuring cup. Brush tops with 2 tablespoons cream.
Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons sugar.
Bake at 425 F. for 18 minutes or until browned. Serve warm.
Yield: 14 servings
Recipe Source: featuring Rebecca Kracke Gordon (Oxmoor House)
Reprinted with express written permission.
Suggested Related Recipes
• Banana Zucchini Bread Recipe
• Orange Marmalade Pecan Bread
• Orange Chocolate Chip Quick Bread
• Easy Herb Biscuits Recipe
• Pumpkin Banana Bread Recipe
• Strawberry Nut Bread Recipe