Minced clams and cream cheese, along with Tabasco and lemon juice, make this a flavorful dip.
The simple clam dip is delicious as it is, but feel free to add some sour cream, grated onion, or onion powder to the mixture. The dip may also be made with sour cream instead of cream cheese. See the tips and variations for more.
1. Drain the minced clams, reserving 1/4 cup of the juice. Rub a medium serving bowl with the garlic halves.
2. In a mixing bowl with an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese until it is smooth and creamy.
3. Add the remaining ingredients to the cream cheese along with the reserved 1/4 cup of clam juice. Blend well.
4. Spoon the mixture into the serving bowl.
5. For best flavor, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
6. Serve as a dip with crackers, chips, toasted baguette slices, or vegetable sticks.
Related Recipe: Clam Dip with Cream Cheese and Mayonnaise
Tips and Variations
- Add 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder, or to taste.
- Replace the cream cheese with sour cream or add about 1/2 cup of sour cream to the cream cheese mixture.
- Use about 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of ground cayenne pepper in place of the Tabasco sauce.