Baked Alaska recipe made with ice cream, sponge cake, and meringue.
Make sure the ice cream and cake are completely covered with the meringue.
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 5 egg whites, room temperature
- 1 layer sponge cake
- 1 brick chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla ice cream or other flavors, very firmly frozen
- Beat egg whites until foamy. Gradually add the sugar to egg whites and beat until meringue forms stiff peaks.
- Cut sponge cake a little larger than the brick of ice cream, about 1/2 inch larger on each side. If the cake is a loaf size, cut the ice cream brick a little smaller.
- Spread meringue over the ice cream and the cake, taking care to seal completely so no ice cream is exposed.
- Bake at 400° until the meringue is light brown.
See Also Chocolate Sponge Cake