If you're looking for a fresh and flavorful salsa, this recipe is an excellent choice. The combination of diced tomatoes, peppers, and garlic make for a classic fresh salsa. Serve it with tacos, burritos, or as a party dip with tortilla roll-ups or tortilla chips.
The salsa is made with fresh tomatoes and peppers, and it is seasoned perfectly with cilantro and lime juice. See the tips and variations for some add-in ideas and more.
- Put chopped onion and garlic in a strainer; pour 2 cups boiling water over them then let drain thoroughly. Discard water. Cool.
- Combine onions and garlic with chopped tomatoes, peppers, cilantro, and lime juice. Add salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours to blend the flavors.
- Serve as a dip or a condiment with Mexican style dishes. Can be refrigerated for up to 5 to 7 days.
Tips and Variations
- Plum tomatoes are an excellent choice for salsa. They are firmer and have fewer seeds, and they're easier to dice.
- If you're not a fan of cilantro, omit it or add fresh parsley.
- For extra texture and color, add about a few tablespoons of drained and rinsed black beans and a few tablespoons of cooked corn kernels.
You Might Also Like