You will need to watch these pretty closely. The second that the shells start to open, remove the oysters from the grill and serve. These are a great appetizer for parties around the grill.
- 12 oysters per person
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 cups melted butter
- 6-12 lemon wedges
- 1/4 cup hot pepper sauce (Tabasco)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1. Clean oysters thoroughly to remove any mud from the shells.
2. Use either a grill topper (i.e. wok) or heavy foil with several holes punched through it on the grill grate.
3. Place oysters on the grill and close lid. Grill until shells open (about 6 minutes).
4. Remove from grill and cut muscles from the shell. Serve hot with the above sauces and seasonings. It's best to grill them in batches so everyone has good hot oysters.