This mixture of beef and beans is well-seasoned and makes a great everyday family dinner. With a biscuit topping, it's a complete meal in one dish.
Add coleslaw, green salad, or steamed broccoli for a tasty family dinner any night of the week.
I cook about 1/2 cup of chopped onion with the ground beef and add a little onion powder for extra flavor.
Beefy Nacho Casserole Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef, at least 85% lean
- 1 can (16 ounces) pork and beans
- 3/4 cup Kraft barbecue sauce or your favorite thick barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (10 biscuits total)*
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat the oven to 375° F (190° C/Gas 5) .
- In a skillet or Dutch oven over medium heat, brown the ground beef; drain well. Stir in pork and beans, barbecue sauce, brown sugar, and minced onion; heat until bubbly.
- Pour the beef and bean mixture into a 2- to 2 1/2-quart casserole.
- Cut each refrigerated biscuit in half to form 20 half circles. Place the half circles cut side down around edge of casserole and sprinkle shredded cheese over the top.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until biscuits are golden brown.
*The original recipe called for Hungry Jack Biscuits.
Tips and Variations
- Make homemade biscuit dough for the recipe. Cut in standard circles and then cut them in half and proceed with the recipe.
- Replace the shredded cheddar cheese with a Mexican blend, a cheddar jack blend, or pepper jack cheese.
You Might Also Like