If you have guests arriving at your home in a half hour, you'll appreciate this simple how-to about cleaning a living room in a hurry. Follow these step-by-step instructions and your living room will be neat in less than 15 minutes.
Time Required: 15 minutes
What You Need:
Steps for Quickly Cleaning a Living Room
- Start with a large, empty box and a wastebasket placed in the center of the room.
- Collect any dishes and glasses around the room and take them to the kitchen. Put them away or into the dishwasher, out of sight.
- Collect all trash and garbage(newspapers, wrappers, old magazines, etc.) and throw them into the wastebasket.
- Collect anything that doesn't belong in the living room (clothing, toys, mail, project equipment) and throw them into the box.
- Take both the wastebasket and the box to the garage, basement, closet or another out-of-the-way spot. Don't put items away now. You don't have time. Just get them out of sight!
- Grab the washcloths -- one lightly damp and the other completely dry. Quickly wipe off picture frames and mirrors, first with the damp, then the dry rag.
- Wipe all objects and tabletops with the damp rag, and remove moisture with the dry cloth.
- Neatly stack magazines or books on the coffee table. Rearrange decorative objects to an attractive position.
- If you have some around, bring in a or fresh plants and place them around the room.
- Spritz a light air freshener into the room.
- If you have any time left, quickly vacuum the major traffic areas.
- If you have yet more time, do a quick wipe-down of the powder room. Put out fresh hand towels.
- Turn on some soft music and sit down. Take a breather and graciously welcome your guests.
Living Room Cleaning Quick Tips
- Move quickly. Stash unneeded items out of sight to be sorted later.
- Delegate kitchen and bathroom cleaning to others, if possible.
- Be a gracious host. Stop cleaning and concentrate on your guests once they arrive.
- Don't try to do too much.