Cleaning your carbon steel wok properly after each use will help it to last longer.
Time Required: 15 minutes
- Rinse the wok in hot water.
- Gently lift off or scrub away food particles with a nonmetallic scrubber.
- Rinse the wok.
- Dry the interior and exterior of the wok with paper towels.
- To finish drying, place the wok over medium to medium-high heat.
- Wipe the inside of the wok with a small amount of vegetable oil. This helps prevent rusting. (Note: this step may not be necessary if your wok is properly seasoned and gets a lot of use.
- Store until ready to use again.
- Never scrub a carbon steel wok with an abrasive cleanser, as this can damage the seasoned surface.
- Do not put the wok in the dishwasher.
- If rust appears or the wok is accidentally cleaned in the dishwasher, simply re-season it, being careful to remove all the rust.