Clorox Hard Surface Spray does a fantastic job doing exactly what it says it will accomplish: killing bacteria on hard surfaces in the home (although it does not kill viruses). Clorox Hard Surface Spray is easy to use and it's both gentle and powerful. It does need to be left on the surface for two minutes to work properly, and for areas that are heavily soiled, you will need to do a precleaning step.
Since there is no need to wipe the surface after spraying it, it's easy to sanitize without much effort. And because the concentration of cleaner in it is so low, it's not harmful to kids and pets.
- Ingredients include sodium hypochlorite and chlorine. It does not contain phosphorus.
- Clorox Hard Surface Spray kills many types of bacteria, including E. coli, staph, and strep.
- Clorox Hard Surface Spray does not kill viruses or microorganisms.
- Clorox Hard Surface Spray comes in a 22-oz. bottle.
- The spray should be kept of direct sunlight. Do not freeze it.
Pros of Clorox
- Clorox Hard Surface Spray kills 99.9 percent of bacteria on hard surfaces.
- Clorox Anywhere Spray is safe to use around children and pets.
- Clorox Hard Surface Spray has no fumes, is color-safe, and does not need to be rinsed.
- The spray is safe for food contact surfaces such as kitchen tools, plastic containers, cutting boards and serving trays.
- It works well on surfaces in the bathroom such as countertops, sinks, tubs, and toilets. Try it for door knobs as well.
- You can use it to clean toys since it's safe for kids.
- No harmful residues or fumes left behind.
Cons of Clorox
- Clorox Hard Surface Spray does not kill viruses.
- Clorox Hard Surface Spray does not work on porous surfaces.
- Surface need to be left wet for two minutes for it to work properly.
Clorox Anywhere Hard Surface Spray: Review
Clorox Hard Surface Spray contains sodium hypochlorite as its active ingredient which is essentially highly diluted bleach. Whereas normal bleach used for laundry purposes contains a 3-6 percent bleach concentration, Clorox Hard Surface Spray lists sodium hypochlorite as .0095 percent of its solution.
This diluted form of bleach is color-safe, does not need to be rinsed, and can kill salmonella, staphylococcus, streptococcus, E. coli an,d other types of bacteria without leaving any harmful residue.
Clorox Hard Surface Spray works on all non-porous, hard surfaces; just remove any excess dirt first. It is not designed for fabric or porous areas which won't be sanitized by the spray and could actually damage the surface if used. If you want to try to sanitize a countertop or other surface that you aren't sure about, test it in a hidden area before using on the entire surface. After two minutes the product will usually be dried, but you can wipe away what is left if you choose; there's no need to rinse the surface with water.