The Clorox ToiletWand Starter kit comes with a long handle and a box of six disposable cleaning heads. The cleaning heads are prefilled with a blue cleaning solution that releases into the water. Press the handle onto the cleaning head and it clicks into place, without ever having to touch the sponge. Swish the cleaning head into the water and rub over the interior surface of the toilet bowl. Rub under the rim.
Rub anywhere you want and the cleaning head will scrub away filth and grime. The cleaning solution in the head does visibly foam and clean the toilet surface.
Clorox Toilet Wand: Description
- The Starter Kit comes with the wand and six sponges. The cleaning heads are round, sponge pads, like dish cleaning sponges.
- Refill kits containing six additional sponges are available.
- Do not flush the cleaning heads. They are meant to be thrown away.
- One of the easiest cleaning products you'll ever use.
- The spongy head conforms to surfaces and scrubs in places that are hard to reach, including under the rim.
- Kills 99.9 percent of germs like staph, rhinovirus type 37 and influenza A and can reduce the spread of bacteria that causes illness.
- No need to touch toilet water or cleaning solution.
- The dirty toilet brush with its germs is disposable.
- It costs more than a non-disposable toilet brush.
- The cleaning heads are not flushable and must be thrown away.
- Heavily stained toilets may need a harsher product.
Clorox Toilet Wand: Review
Cleaning process: Scrub entire toilet bowl above the water line and let it sit 10 minutes. Then flush to rinse toilet. When you've finished using the Toilet Wand, press the sponge against the inside of the toilet bowl to release the absorbed water and prevent dripping of toilet water.
Click the handle button and off pops the cleaning head into the trash can. You'll never have to handle the actual cleaning head, but you may have to rinse off and clean a portion of the handle before storing. It's comforting to know that all the germs I just wiped up with my Toilet Wand are in the trash and not stuck to my toilet brush.
The Bottom Line: I loved being able to scrub and wipe away all of the dirt under the rim of the toilet. It is usually a guessing game to see if the bristles of my toilet brush combined with rapid action scrubbing are really removing dirt. The Toilet Wand does loosen and remove residue.The Clorox Toilet Wand is very easy to use, saves time and really does clean up in a big way. It also lets you avoid harsh smelling chemical toilet cleaners. I was impressed by a combination of effectiveness and convenience.