Pretty up your coat hangers; you can crochet coat hanger covers that will make them look beautiful, plus help to keep your clothes from slipping off of them. These free patterns offer a variety of lovely clothes hanger cover designs to choose from.
01 of 06
Lions Brand offers several free patterns for coat hanger covers. You'll be prompted create a free account with them to download the patterns, although the .pdf files are linked under the Pattern Details tab for download without a membership.
- Cozied Hangers: Feast your eyes on these adorable cozied coat hangers made using Cotton Ease yarn by Lion Brand. This is a beginner's level project.
- Plush Crochet Hangers: This is an advanced beginners project using Homespun Wool-Ease Sportweight or... Chenille Thick and & Quick yarn. The result is a cushy hanger suitable for hanging delicate items.
- Candy Cane Coat Hanger Pattern: It's easy to imagine using this hanger during the holiday season. It's for beginners and uses Babysoft, Wool-Ease Chunky, and Microspun yarns.
- Sweet Baby Hangers: This beginner's level pattern uses Bonbons yarn in fine weight to make a hanger cover suitable for babies. These would make a lovely gift for a baby shower.
- These pretty Floral Coat Hangers are posted at the Coats Crafts UK website.
02 of 06
Crafty Gardener Crochet Covered Coat Hangers
Linda at the Crafty Gardener has free patterns for covering coat hangers, including a couple of crocheted designs. They are ways to upcycle old hangers, giving them new life and making them suitable for housewarming gifts and holiday gifts.
- Coat Hanger 1 is a free pattern that produces chains between the upper and lower bends of the coat hanger, enclosing it. That means you won't be hanging pants on this hanger.
- Coat Hanger 2 outlines only the plastic or wire hanger.
- She has other free... patterns for coat hanger covers in other techniques including braided coat hanger covers and fabric covered hangers.
03 of 06
Lace Hanger Cover
This free pattern for a Lace Hanger Cover stars with a padded coat hanger. You will work in 1-inch wide double-edged eyelet lace with crochet for a lovely effect. This would be a great wedding shower gift.
04 of 06
Floral Coat Hangers
These pretty Floral Coat Hangers are posted at the Coats Crafts UK website. It's a multi-craft project as you'll first pad and cover the hanger with linen and then crochet flowers and a sachet to add to it, and a crocheted cover for the hook. The flowers will keep delicate items with spaghetti straps in place, and the sachet will add a lovely scent.Continue to 5 of 6 below.
05 of 06
This free pattern makes a lovely shell pattern to cover a wooden coat hanger. You can also see it being made step by step in the Shell Stitch Coat Hanger Cover video. This project could be made in many different color patterns to give as gifts for showers, housewarming, or the holidays.
06 of 06
If you'd like to see how to produce a crochet covered coat hanger step by step, a video can help. The ribbon-threaded crocheted coat hanger project starts with a padded coat hanger. A cover is made with ribbon threaded through it. There are five videos for this project.