The term "Bon Bons" comes from the French word "Bon," which means good.
This Decadent Coconut Bon Bon recipe has a sweet coconut filling and is rolled in melted chocolate bark, making it a dessert so good, you have to say it twice.
- Over a double boiler, melt the butter. Stir in the sweetened condensed milk.
- Next add the powdered sugar and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
- Lastly, hand stir in the coconut. Pour mixture into a bowl.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate the coconut mixture overnight.
- The next day, line two baking sheets with parchment or wax paper. Roll balls into the size of a small walnuts. Place on one of the prepared baking sheets.
- Heat water in the bottom of the double boiler. Add the top pot. Break-up the bark and place the pieces in the top of the double boiler.
- Use a skewer to pick up the coconut bon bons. Dip them into the melted bark and place on the other prepared baking sheet. Melt the Dip in melted bark and place on wax paper until set.
- Place the tray into the refrigerator. Once the bon bons have set-up store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator if your house is warm. If you have a cool home, they can be stored outside of the refrigerator.