If you like Thai peanut sauce, try these similar vegan recipe for sesame noodles. Add a few diced veggies if you like, such as broccoli, snow peas or bell pepper. Scroll down for more vegetarian and vegan Chinese and noodle recipes to try.
Be sure you use rice stick noodles and a gluten-free and wheat-free soy sauce (such as tamari) if you need this recipe to be gluten-free.
- 1 pound rice stick noodles
- water for boiling
- 2 tbsp sesame oil + 1 tbsp
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tsp water
- 2 tsp soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp cooking sherry or rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp fresh ginger minced or grated
- 3 green onions, sliced
Cook noodles in water for just a few minutes, so they are just beginning to soften but are not yet all the way cooked. Drain.
In a large skillet, fry the noodles in 2 tablespoons of sesame oil, stirring frequently. Allow to cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until noodles are soft. Remove from heat.
In a large bowl or blender, whisk or blend together the 1 tablespoon of sesame oil, peanut butter, water, soy sauce, tahini, sherry or rice vinegar, maple syrup, garlic and ginger.
Toss this mixture with the noodles.
Stir in the green onions.
Chill before serving, if desired.
More Vegetarian and Vegan Chinese Recipes:
- Sweet and Sour Tofu with Vegetables
- Low-Fat Chinese Vegetable Stir-Fry
- Vegetarian Gingered Lo Mein
- Cold Asian Rice Salad
- Sweet Cabbage Stir Fry
- Chinese Style Stir-Fry with Seitan and Hoisin Sauce
- Vegetable Fried Rice
- Asian Green Beans
- Tofu and Cashew Fried Rice
- Sweet and Sour Tempeh Recipe
- Vegetarian Chow Mein Recipe
- Vegetarian Potstickers
- Easy Sweet and Sour Sauce
- Vegetable Chow Mein
- Sweet and Sour Vegetables