There’s no reason not to cook your entire meal on the grill! Serve this delicious grill-top “au gratin” with your favorite protein. The bacon and bell pepper add great color and texture, but the minimal prep and clean up might be the best part.
- 1 medium onion (halved and thinly sliced)
- 1 1/2 pounds (610 g) Yukon Gold potatoes (very thinly sliced)
- 1 1/3 cups (320 mL) shredded low-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) real bacon bits
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) bell pepper (chopped)
1. Spray a 9 x 9 x 2-inch foil pan liberally with nonstick cooking spray. Place half the onions, potatoes, cheese, bacon bits, bell pepper and garlic salt in pan. Repeat layers.
2. Cover tightly with foil and grill over medium heat for 1 hour, rotating pan occasionally to avoid hot spots.
Nutritional analysis per serving: 140 calories; 2.5 g fat; 1.5 g saturated fat; 0 g trans fat; 10 mg cholesterol; 370 mg sodium; 720 mg potassium; 20 g carbohydrates; 1 g fiber; 1 g sugar; 10 g protein; 2% vitamin A; 45% vitamin C; 10% calcium; 6% iron