The Bottom Line
For more than 40 years Cookshack has been making some of the best electric smokers on the market. They make both residential units and commercial smokers for restaurants and businesses. These smokers give you great, authentic barbecue without a lot of work. If you tend towards the easier to operate smokers then this is a great unit. Basically, a kitchen appliance this smoker burns standard wood chunks and gives you control over the temperature, smoke quantity, and timing.
This smoker features full electronic control with meat probe so you can monitor your barbecue without opening the door.
- Solid construction with 304 stainless where it counts
- Electronic control takes out the guess work
- Easy to clean
- Easy to use
- Efficient grease management system
- Traditionalists might make fun of you
- 504 square inches of total cooking space
- 20 to 25-pound capacity
- 304 stainless steel top and interior. Other parts heavy-duty black powder coated steel
- 750-watt electric heating element
- Electronic temperature controller with a meat probe
- Easy access smoker box that typically uses large chuck wood blocks
- Mounted on 3-inch casters make it relatively easy to move
- Large capacity, removable, external drip pan
- Cold smoking available with optional cold smoking baffle
- Made in the United States
Guide Review - Cookshack Smokette Elite SM025
Cookshack makes smokers for some of your favorite barbecue restaurants and this unit does what those larger, commercial units do, produces great barbecue without splitting logs or tending the fire all day.
Certainly many purists will tell you that it isn't real barbecue if it didn't come off a real fire, but no one will know the difference with this little smoker, after all, the convenience of this unit is far greater than with most other kinds of smokers.
While relatively small, this smoker is still large enough for most backyard cookouts (can handle 20 to 25 pounds of meat) and gives you the versatility to smoke almost anything.
With the addition of the optional cold smoke baffle you can even cold smoke in this unit, giving you the ability to smoke sausage, jerky, cheese or fish.
The electronic control and meat probe means you can put your brisket or whatever in the unit, insert the probe, set the controls and walk away. The timing control system will get your barbecue to your target temperature and then hold it until you are ready to eat. Of course, you should be ready to get it out when it is ready but you don't have to worry.
The Smokette has a stainless steel interior and most parts are machine washable so you can easily keep this unit clean. Grease drains from the unit into an easily removable grease tray.
If you want great barbecue, but don't want to bother with wood or charcoal then this really is the perfect unit for you. While there are certainly less expensive units on the market, this one is built to last and Cookshack has one of the best reputations in the industry for service and support.
There are other companies making (or importing) similar smokers, but they lack the quality construction and functionality of this Cookshack smoker.