This classic corned beef hash is a great way to use leftover corned beef and vegetables. Feel free to add chopped bell peppers to the hash.
- 2 to 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups cooked corned beef, finely chopped
- 3 cups chopped cooked potatoes
- 1/2 to 1 cup chopped cooked carrots, optional
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley, optional
- salt, pepper and brown gravy
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add corned beef, potatoes, carrots, if using, and minced onion; spread evenly in the skillet.
- Brown on one side; turn with a spatula and brown the other side.
- Continue turning until most of the meat and potatoes are well-browned.
- Drain off excess fat and moisten with 3 or 4 tablespoons of brown gravy or beef gravy.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Garnish with parsley, if desired.