Just the name of this dish sounds hearty and delicious. This breakfast is a fabulous mixture of potatoes, bacon, eggs, and cheese, along with chopped peppers and onion. It's an all-in-one breakfast skillet.
Related Recipe: Single-Serve Cornbread, Egg, and Bacon Casseroles
- 6 slices bacon, cut in 2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 6 cups cubed cooked potatoes
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large heavy skillet, cook the bacon over moderate heat until crisp. Remove the bacon to drain. Pour off all but 3 tablespoons of bacon drippings.
- Heat the drippings remaining in the pan until sizzling. Add the bell pepper, onion, and potatoes; cook, stirring gently until the potato cubes are browned.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese over the mixture and stir until melted.
- Add the eggs and cook, stirring gently, until the eggs are set. Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle crumbled bacon over the eggs and serve hot.
Serves 4 to 6.
More Breakfast Recipes