These simple fried sweet potatoes make a nice breakfast or dinner side dish.
- 4 cups sliced sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 4 tablespoons Canola oil or bacon drippings, or combination
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Heat oil or drippings in a large heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Add sweet potatoes, onion, salt, and pepper.
- Cover and cook until lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- Uncover and cook for about 20 minutes longer, turning several times, until evenly browned and tender.