Today we are talking all about STRAWS! Straws come in all colors and lengths. There are bendy straws, straight straws, and curly straws. My kids love coming up with fun and creative crafts using straws.
Straws can hold crafts together, make something longer if it needs to be, and they make a great party supply. Need some great project ideas using straws? Read on!
Here are 12 craft projects using straws:
1. Tub Time Boat Float Craft: Get crafty in the bathroom with this tub time craft! SO simple and cute.
2. Washi Tape Summer Sippin' Straws: Sip your drinks in style this summer with these adorable straws decorated with washi tape. I love this project!
3. DIY for Kids- Witch Hat Straws: These witch hat straws are perfect for Halloween and fall. Serve your kids these straws with their favorite spooky after school treat.
4. Spring Bling for Straws: These straw decorations are perfect for everyday or for special events. I love the flowers for springtime.
5. Silly Long Straws: Put multiple straws together for some silly straw time. Your kids are going to love this awesome project.
6. Paper Airplane Kit: This paper airplane kit makes such a great gift for a child. Straws are just one of the craft supplies needed for this kit.
7. Marshmallow Straw Structures: These marshmallow straw structures can help develop math skills, problem solving, and small motor skills.
And if you use straws that are bendable, it makes for even more fabulous creations.
8. Kites and Curious George: These kites are inspired by Curious George. Straws help these kites make their shape and take flight.
9. 14 Acts of Love Hearts: Use this printable to make 14 acts of love hearts for Valentine's Day.
Attach hearts to straws to complete this project.
10. Floating Sponge Boats: Make these cute tiny boats with sponges and straws. Float them in the tub, pool, or any body of water! This is a great craft and activity for toddlers.
11. Summer Tub of Fun: Keep your kids busy this summer with a tub of fun. Fill up a bin with lots of craft supplies to keep them busy whenever they say "I'm bored". Collect different things from around the house perfect for creating and crafting.
12. Drinking Straw Flag: Thinking of throwing a pirate themed birthday party for one of your kids? Try making these drinking straw flags for each guest of the party.