The children's book author Dr. Seuss was born on March 2nd in 1904, so it's fun to kids and families to celebrate his birthday with silly games and activities all about his books!
Here are lots of ideas for crafts, games, and other activities:
Crafts to Make:
- Make your own Homemade Books.
- Give the children a variety of craft supplies and recycling items (for example, glue, toilet paper rolls, egg cartons, pipe cleaners, felt, yarn, pom-poms, wiggly eyes, etc.) and challenge them to create their own unique creature like those in many of Dr. Seuss' books. Encourage them to write a story about their creature.
- Learn how to craft a unique Doctor Seuss cake craft.
- Craft a cute Cat-In-The-Hat pin to wear. Make one for all of your friends too.
- Make this Horton Hears a Who craft.
- Make your own Cat-In-The-Hat hat or a cat ear headband.
- Create your own Cat-in-The-Hat story sack.
- Create your own Horton Hears a Who story sack.
- Make birthday cards and hang them around the room.
- Make some of these Grinch Crafts.
- Try Theodor Seuss Geisel Printables.
- You can make a goldfish like the one in The Cat In The Hat or make a few like those in One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish.
- Make simple stars to wear on your belly, like the Sneetches'!
- Download and print out one or more of these Seuss Worksheets and Coloring Sheets.
- Find even more Seuss Book Activities.
Activities to Do:
- Read as many Dr. Seuss books as you can!
- Have green eggs and ham for lunch.
- Make these Cat-In-The-Hat cookies.
- These adorable Dr. Seuss fish bowl treats are very easy to make.
- Play a silly rhyming game. Someone say a word and see how many words everyone can think of to rhyme with it.
- Have a birthday cake for a snack!
- Check out this Cat-in-The-Hat pumpkin.
- Take a virtual tour of The Dr. Seuss National Memorial which is located in Springfield, Massachusetts.
- Visit Seussville and play games online and print off fun activities at Seussville University.
- Create a Cat-in-the-Hat Story Sack.