These cranberry pork chops are a snap to cook with fresh cranberries, apple, and seasonings. The chops are seared and then baked with seasonings. A fruity mixture of cranberries and diced apples is added to the pork chops about halfway through the baking time.
Feel free to use diced pears or apricots in the recipe instead of apples.
Serve these tasty chops with rice or baked potatoes and steamed vegetables.
- 4 pork chops (about 1 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1/4 cup onion (chopped)
- 1/8 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- Dash salt and pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 apple (peeled, cored, and diced)
- Optional: 2 tablespoons pecans or walnuts (coarsely chopped)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Heat shortening in a heavy skillet over medium heat; brown pork chops on both sides.
- Place pork chops in a shallow baking dish.
- Sprinkle with chopped onion, poultry seasoning, salt, and pepper. Add chicken broth.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- Combine cranberries with apple, sugar, and 1/4 cup water. Spoon mixture over pork chops.
- Bake 20 to 30 minutes longer, or until pork chops are tender and done.
You Might Also Like