- 3.5 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 3 tablespoons whipped heavy cream
- 1 egg white, lightly whisked
1. Prepare your work surface by dusting it with powdered sugar.
2. In a large bowl, sift together the powdered sugar and cream of tartar.
3. Stir in the cream and egg white until fully combined. The texture of the fondant should be firm but workable.
4. Dust your rolling pin with powdered sugar and roll the fondant out until it is about half and inch thick. It can then be cut with a sharp knife or cookie cutters dipped in powdered sugar.
Note: If you would like to add flavorings, add 1 tsp of your desired extract or flavoring oil when you add the cream and egg white. If you would like to add colors, knead a few drops of liquid food coloring into the fondant after all the ingredients have been combined.