This tasty cauliflower is made with a basic white sauce, a quick and easy recipe to make for a special meal.
- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken into flowerets, or 2 packages (10 oz each) frozen cauliflower flowerets
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- dash cayenne pepper, optional
1. In a large saucepan of boiling salted water, cook cauliflower until just tender.
2. In a separate 1-quart saucepan, melt butter.
3. Add flour and stir over medium-low heat until smooth and well blended.
4. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly, and cook until thickened and smooth.
5. Season to taste. Pour over hot drained cauliflower.