These slow cooker scalloped potatoes are easy to make with a cheese and condensed soup sauce. Feel free to use cream of celery soup instead of the cream of mushroom soup.
Add diced ham to the layers if you'd like.
Crock Pot Scalloped Potatoes With Cheese (no soup)
- 7 to 9 medium potatoes, peeled, thinly sliced, about 2 1/2 pounds
- 1 cup cold water
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 6 ounces American cheese, cubed, slices, or shredded
- Toss potato slices in 1 cup water and 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar, then drain.
- Butter the inside walls and bottom of the slow cooker.
- Put half of sliced potatoes in the prepared slow cooker. Top with half of onion slices, half of the flour, half of the salt and half of the pepper. Dot with half of the butter.
- Repeat layers; dot with remaining butter. Spoon soup over the top.
- Cover and cook on Low for 6 to 7 hours, or 3 to 3 1/2 hours on high. The potatoes should be tender.
- Slow cooker temperatures vary, so check for tenderness from time to time.
- Add cheese about 30 minutes before serving.
You Might Also Like