This spinach dip is super easy to prepare and cook in the slow cooker or crock pot. Cream cheese teams up with heavy cream, frozen spinach, Parmesan cheese, and a variety of seasonings Pimientos add a festive touch, making it perfect for holiday parties.
Another popular spinach dip includes chopped artichokes. Add about 1/4 cup of chopped canned or frozen cooked artichoke hearts to the spinach to add some extra texture and flavor.
This recipe is easily doubled for a party or potluck event. Cook it as directed and pack the crock pot in a container with towels or blankets around it for insulation. Plug the crock pot in when you get to the party and set it on low or warm for serving.
Cream cheese and Parmesan add to the creaminess and flavor in this dip, and it makes a wonderful party dip with sturdy chips, vegetable sticks, or crackers.
- 8 oz cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 package (10 to 12 oz) frozen spinach
- 2 tbsp chopped pimento
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp grated onion
- 1/4 tsp dried leaf thyme, crumbled
- Combine the cream cheese and cream in slow cooker; blend well.
- Cover and cook on LOW until cheese has melted, or about 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Meanwhile, cook the frozen spinach as directed on the package. Put the hot spinach in a colander and press it or squeeze it to get as much of the liquid out of it as possible.
- When the cheese has melted and the mixture is smooth, add the squeezed spinach, pimiento, Worcestershire sauce, garlic salt, Parmesan cheese, grated onion, and dried leaf thyme.
- Cover and cook the spinach dip on LOW for about 45 minutes longer.
- Serve hot from the slow cooker with raw vegetable sticks or slices, crackers, sturdy chips or bagel chips, or crusty bread cubes.
Shared by Linda G.
Tips and Variations
- With Fresh Spinach: Put 10 ounces of fresh chopped spinach in a saucepan of boiling water; boil for 1 minute. Drain in a colander and then squeeze out excess moisture. Follow the recipe as directed.
- Make the dip with chopped cooked kale.
- Add 1 can (15 ounces) artichoke hearts, chopped.
- Add the finely grated zest of 1 lemon.
You Might Also Like