This rich and creamy shredded potato side dish recipe uses just four ingredients. It will be a hit at family gatherings or potluck parties. You could mix some other types of shredded cheese too - just use about a cup or two of your favorite type.
- 2 cups half and half light cream
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. white pepper
- 2 (12 oz.) pkgs. frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Combine half and half, butter, salt and pepper in small saucepan and heat until butter melts. Do not let the cream boil.
3. Place potatoes in 13 x 9" glass baking dish. Pour hot cream and butter mixture over potatoes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 325 degrees for 45-55 minutes until potatoes begin to brown on top.
Fat: 12 grams
Sodium: 290 mg