Creamy Tomato Pierogie Casserole is a super simple five ingredient recipe perfect for busy weeknights. Pierogies are those big pasta half moons stuffed with potatoes and onions or cheese. You can usually find them near the frozen potatoes in your grocery store. They are wonderful in casseroles, or just boiled and topped with pasta sauce or pesto.
This super simple casserole recipe takes about 5 minutes to put together. Then it just bakes in the oven, so you hardly have to do any work at all!
Serve it with a green salad tossed with some grape tomatoes and avocados, and a nice glass of wine after a hard day at work or school.
- 1 (26-ounce) jar pasta sauce
- 2 (16-ounce) packages frozen potato pierogies
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 (16-ounce) jar Alfredo sauce
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place half of the pasta sauce in the bottom of a 13 x 9" glass baking dish. Arrange the pierogies as evenly as you can over the sauce. Top with remaining pasta sauce.
- Pour the Alfredo sauce over all, making sure the pierogies are covered with one of the two sauces. Then add the milk to the empty jar of Alfredo sauce, close tightly, and shake. Pour this mixture over the pierogies.
- Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.
- Cover the casserole with foil and bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until casserole is bubbly around the edges. Uncover and bake for 15 minutes longer or until cheese melts and top is beginning to brown and the pierogies are hot. Serve immediately.