This creamy carrot soup recipe uses coconut milk instead of dairy or soy milk for a creamy vegan and soy-free tropically flavored soup. This carrot soup recipe is so good, I literally couldn't stop taking bites as I was trying to photograph it!
And I'm not the only one who loves this carrot soup recipe. One reviewer who tried out this recipe gave it five out of five stars and said: "I managed to tear myself away from eating this to say...amazing! SO delicious! I can't believe I thought making a creamy soup would be difficult. So easy! SO satisfying!" Another reviewer suggests using cumin instead of curry (I'll have to try that, as I'm admittedly a bit skeptical), and another one suggested it making it in advance and serving it at a vegetarian Thanksgiving.
If you're looking for a nutritious vegan carrot soup recipe, you won't be disappointed with this yummy vegan, dairy-free, and soy-free carrot soup. Serve hot for a meal, or, chill and serve as a simple yet elegant appetizer soup.
With nothing but carrots, coconut milk and spices, this recipe is vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free.
- 2-3 large carrots, chopped small
- 1 onion, chopped small
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 14 ounces can coconut milk
- Simmer the carrots, onions, ginger and curry powder in vegetable broth for 20-25 minutes, until carrots are soft.
- Allow to cool slightly, and then puree in a blender, working in batches if needed.
- Return to heat and stir in coconut milk until well combined.
- Season generously with sea salt, to taste.
- Serve hot, or, chill until cold and serve as a gourmet vegetarian and vegan appetizer soup. This carrot soup will thicken as it cools, so if serving this vegan carrot soup cold, you may want to add a bit extra liquid.