This creamy carrot soup recipe uses coconut milk instead of dairy or soy milk for a creamy vegan and soy-free tropically flavored soup. If you're looking for a nutritious vegan carrot soup recipe, you won't be disappointed with this yummy vegan, dairy-free, and soy-free carrot soup. Serve hot for a meal, or, chill and serve as a simple yet elegant appetizer soup.
With nothing but carrots, coconut milk and spices, this recipe is vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free.
- 2-3 large carrots, chopped small
- 1 onion, chopped small
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 14 ounces can coconut milk
- Simmer the carrots, onions, ginger and curry powder in vegetable broth for 20-25 minutes, until carrots are soft.
- Allow to cool slightly, and then puree in a blender, working in batches if needed.
- Return to heat and stir in coconut milk until well combined.
- Season generously with sea salt, to taste.
- Serve hot, or, chill until cold and serve as a gourmet vegetarian and vegan appetizer soup. This carrot soup will thicken as it cools, so if serving this vegan carrot soup cold, you may want to add a bit extra liquid.