Crockpot caramel sticky buns are rolled in butter and then in spiced brown sugar and nuts. The rolls are baked to perfection in the slow cooker.
I used 8 of my frozen make-ahead biscuits, thawed and cut in half horizontally, layered in a 3-quart cooker (pictured). A baking dish in a larger oval or round cooker would make it easier to get the biscuits out in one piece. You could also use small homemade biscuits or about 1 pound of thawed bread dough, cut in 16 to 20 pieces.
These buns make a tasty breakfast or snack. Refrigerator biscuits and the slow cooker make them super easy!
- 2 tubes (7 to 8 ounces each) refrigerated biscuits*
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- Generously butter a 3 to 4-quart slow cooker insert or a casserole or baking dish which will fit in a larger slow cooker.
- Mix brown sugar, cinnamon, and chopped nuts together.
- Dip each refrigerator biscuit in melted butter to coat, then in the brown sugar, cinnamon, and nut mixture.
- Layer in the prepared slow cooker crockery insert or baking dish.
- Sprinkle any remaining brown sugar mixture over the top.
- Cook on high for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, until the biscuits are baked. I took mine out after about 1 hour and 45 minutes. They were done, but slow cooker temperatures can vary.
You Might Also Like