These easy crock pot chicken breasts are cooked with mushrooms and a thick and delicious sauce. The sour cream sauce makes this slow cooker chicken dish stand out.
I served the chicken with fine noodles, but pasta or rice would be excellent as well.
If your family doesn't like mushrooms, cream of chicken soup and a different vegetable would be a good alternative. Frozen asparagus or artichoke hearts would be good in the dish, or keep it plain with no additional vegetables.
- 6 to 8 chicken breast halves
- Dash of salt and pepper
- Dash of paprika
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 (10 1/2 oz.) can cream of mushroom soup
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Optional: parsley for garnish
- Sprinkle the chicken breasts with salt, pepper and paprika. Place in slow cooker.
- In a bowl, combine the wine, condensed soup, and mushrooms; blend well and then pour over the chicken.
- Sprinkle with more paprika.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 to 7 hours, or until chicken is tender but not too dry.
- Mix sour cream and flour together until smooth; add to the Crock Pot. Continue cooking for about 20 minutes longer, until heated through and thickened.
- If the sauce is too thick, thin it with some milk, cream, or broth.
- Serve with hot cooked rice, egg noodles, or pasta. Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley, if desired.
Serves 6 to 8.
Omit the mushrooms and replace the condensed cream of mushroom soup with cream of chicken soup or cream of chicken with herbs.