This easy dip is a party favorite, and it is super easy to fix in the slow cooker. The browned ground beef is mixed with melted cheese and tomatoes with green chiles (Ro-Tel) or chunky salsa.
For vegetarians, omit the ground beef or use substitute vegetarian crumbles or drained pinto chili beans.
- 1 pound ground beef (lean)
- 1 1/2 pounds Kraft Velveeta cheese
- 1 (10 oz) can tomatoes with green chiles (or a favorite salsa)
- 1/4 cup onion (finely chopped)
- Optional: 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chile peppers (mild)
- Optional: 1 can (4 ounces) sliced mushrooms (drained)
- Melt Velveeta cheese with the tomatoes in slow cooker on HIGH.
- Meanwhile, brown the ground beef in a skillet or saute pan over medium heat with the chopped onion and the mushrooms and chile peppers, if using.
- Drain off excess grease. Add the meat mixture to the slow cooker cheese mixture and cook on HIGH for about 30 minutes.
- Turn to LOW and serve the dip from the slow cooker with tortilla chips or crackers.
More Dip Recipes