All you need for this crock pot barbecue chicken is chicken parts, an onion, and a bottle of barbecue sauce.
Serve this simple slow cooker chicken with hot cooked rice or potatoes and coleslaw.
Easy Crock Pot Barbecued Chicken
- 3 to 4 pounds chicken pieces
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 bottle barbecue sauce, or about 1 1/2 to 2 cups
- Put chicken in bottom of slow cooker or crockpot and add onions and barbecue sauce.
- Cook on LOW for about 6 to 8 hours, or until chicken is tender but not falling apart.
- If you want to check for doneness, use an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest pieces (not touching bone). The minimum safe temperature for chicken is 165 F.
You Might Also Like