A little cinnamon flavors these family favorite cabbage rolls.
- Remove leaves from head of cabbage gently, trying to keep whole.
- Scald the leaves in boiling salt water just long enough to wilt.
- Transfer the leaves to paper towels to drain and cool enough to handle.
- Prepare meat mixture in a large bowl; add rice, onion, egg, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Place about 1/4 cup meat mixture in center of each leaf; fold in sides and roll ends over meat; secure with wooden toothpicks.
- Place in Crock Pot.
- Combine tomato soup, tomatoes, cinnamon, salt, and pepper; pour over cabbage rolls.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 to 9 hours. I usually add the leftover cabbage leaves to the pot.
These are delicious with mashed potatoes.
More recipes you might enjoy: