These chicken wings are a snap to fix, and they cook nearly hands-free in the slow cooker. The simple honey, garlic, and ginger sauce is always a hit, and it would make a great stir-fry sauce to use with other dishes. If you like more heat in your wings, add some garlic chili paste (sambal, found in the Asian food section), Sriracha sauce, or crushed red pepper flakes.
Dress these wings up with a garnish of sesame seeds, cilantro, or sliced green onions.
If you wonder how you'll like the wings, read some of the comments below the recipe.
- 12 to 18 whole chicken wings
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- thinly sliced green onion tops, sesame seeds, or chopped fresh cilantro, optional
- Wash the chicken wings and pat dry. With kitchen shears, cut off the wing tips, Cut each trimmed wing into two pieces at the joint.
- If you keep a freezer bag with trimmings and scraps for chicken stock, add the wing tips to that. Otherwise, discard them.
- Put the wings in the crockery insert of the slow cooker..
- In a bowl, combine the soy sauce, ginger, garlic, thinly sliced green onions, honey, and vegetable oil.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours.
- Garnish the wings with sesame seeds, chopped cilantro, or diagonally sliced green onion tops, if desired.
Serves 4 to 6.
Tips and Variations
- Take the slow cooker with wings along to a tailgating party or potluck. Set the slow cooker on LOW for serving.
- Replace the ground ginger with about 1 1/2 tablespoons of fresh grated gingerroot.
- Replace 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil with 1 tablespoon of toasted sesame oil.
- "The sauce it simmers in is perfect! We actually cooked the wings like this, then stripped the meat off the wings and made it into a stirfry since it was already so beautifully seasoned!" — Theodore
- "This sauce recipe tastes like authentic chinese sauce! I would make this recipe again plus use the recipe for the sauce for other meals!" — C.T.
- "Fingerlicking good! Needless to say, there were no leftovers! Next time I`ll have to double it. I can`t wait to share it with my friends. I didn't have to change a thing. Thanks, Linda!!" — H.H.
You Might Also Like