Chicken breasts Dijon is an easy and tasty dish when prepared in a slow cooker and served with a creamy mustard sauce over rice, potatoes or noodles.
Add a green vegetable of choice or a side salad and you have a perfect busy-night meal.
You might also enjoy this recipe for chicken Dijon made in a skillet.
See below for a discussion of what exactly Dijon mustard is.
- 4 to 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 can 98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Dash black pepper
- Place the chicken breast halves in the slow-cooker insert.
- Combine remaining ingredients and spoon over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours.
- Serve hot with rice, potatoes or noodles and a green vegetable and/or a side salad.