This easy recipe for slow-cooker chocolate-peanut clusters is a winner. There are only four ingredients and a candy thermometer is not necessary.
It's a fantastic candidate for an edible gifts basket for the holidays, as well as for hostess gifts and a thank-you for teachers. It's also simply a fabulous treat for your family.
Please be sure to read the notes at the bottom of this recipe. This recipe works the best in a standard slow cooker that has only three settings -- On, Low and High.
- 2 (16-ounce) jars (2 pounds) dry roasted salted peanuts
- 48 ounces almond bark white chocolate
- 4 ounces sweet German chocolate
- 10 to 12 ounces dark chocolate
- Place peanuts, white chocolate, German chocolate and dark chocolate in a slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 3 hours. Don't touch. Turn pot off and let sit for 20 minutes.
- Cover a large work area (about 3 square feet) with waxed or parchment paper.
- Stir mixture completely.
- Drop by teaspoonsful onto the paper. Let harden and store in airtight containers.paper.
Note: The first time you make this, you might want to check your mixture after 2 hours of cooking.
Some slow cookers cook hotter than others even at the Low setting. When checking, if you have a clear glass lid, try not to remove it. The chocolate should look slightly melted but not dry. If it looks OK, continue cooking until 3 hours have been reached.
- You can use 1/2 salted and 1/2 unsalted dry roasted nuts. But salted nuts are a nice contrast with the sweet chocolate.
- Almond bark white chocolate tends to make this candy very sweet. To tone it down and increase the chocolate flavor, you can substitute some or all of it with dark chocolate or semisweet chocolate.
More Easy-to-Make Candies
- White Bark Recipe: This easy confection is made with white bark chocolate, marshmallows, peanut butter, crispy cereal, and peanuts. It is scooped onto waxed or parchment paper and allowed to harden (if you can wait that long).
- Barking Crackers Recipe: Barking crackers is a simple candy made with soda crackers and chocolate that is similar to a traditional toffee or bark recipe. For Passover, matzah can be substituted for the crackers.
- Peanut Butter Balls Recipe: Here's another dropped candy that comes together with just four ingredients -- peanut butter, chocolate, butter and confectioners' sugar.
- Sweet and Salty Fudge Recipe: This fast version of fudge is made with butter, cocoa powder, confectioners' sugar, milk, vanilla and salted mixed nuts. It's poured into a loaf pan, allowed to harden and then gobbled up.